End result looks like comic book of your film (without the speech bubbles)
Types of storyboard :
Tools for storyboarding:
Inspiration,Kidspiration,Microsoft Word,Microsoft Power Point,pencil and paper
Another resource that I just found recently is : storyboardthat.com
This tools help us to create storyboard, providing us the background and character as well as icons/items need to be use in our storyboard. The drawback is that it is not free forever. We need to buy a package premium. But they do give us 14-days trial. And I personally love the functions they gave to us. Check it out by yourself!
While preparing the storyboard, here are the things that we need to consider :
- How can we use shot types and angles to communicate meaning?
- How we intend to use composition to communicate meaning?
- The role of "mise-en-scene"
- Use of framing
- How we can use camerawork in a visually striking way?
Always include these in our storyboards :
- Graphic description of what takes place in the shot
- Camera movement/shot/size
- The direction which the camera should pan or zoom (use arrows)
- Shot duration
- A list of props that will be needed
By listing all these, it can helps cameraman and director to visualise.