We need to compose a shot rather than just pointing the camera at the subjectThe Language of Video Expression
- Image (Frame) •An Image (Frame) is much like a Single Word
- Shot •A Shot is like a Complete Sentence
- Scene •A Scene is like a Paragraph
- Sequence •A Sequence is like a Chapter
So what is composition ?
Composition is the visual organization of the objects in a defined area
Well-framed shots are essential to basic filming. We should arrange our subject on the screen so that your shot is well balanced and pleasing to the eye.
Composition determines what the viewer should pay attention to in the frame.
- Obeying the “Rule of Thirds”
- Playing with Framing, Leading Lines, Pattern, Depth/Layer
- Proper Amount of Head Room, Lead Room, Motion Space
- Avoid Distracting Object, Background (Minimalism)
Poor photo composition can make a fantastic subject dull, but a well-set scene can create a wonderful image from the most ordinary of situations. So try your best to compose a great shot in video production too!